— Representatives of the Danville American Legion Post 118 have a full morning planned for Memorial Day, May 27.
A contingent will leave the post at 7:50 a.m. and make stops at the following sites to recognize veterans:
- New Winchester Cemetery, 8:15 a.m.
- Coatesville Cemetery, 8:28 a.m.
- Stilesville Cemetery, 8:43 a.m.
- Amo Cemetery, 9 a.m.
- Hadley Cemetery, 9:20 a.m.
- Mill Creek Cemetery, 9:35 a.m.
- Clayton Cemetery, 9:50 a.m.
- Center Valley Cemetery, 10:05 a.m.
- Salem Cemetery, 10:20 a.m.
- Cartersburg Cemetery, 10:35 a.m.
- Danville East Cemetery, 11 a.m.
- Hendricks County Courthouse, 11:15 a.m.
- Danville South Cemetery, 11:30 a.m.
The VFW Post 3284 will be conducting Memorial Day ceremonies at the following sites:
- Blakesburg Cemetery, 8:15 a.m.
- Bainbridge Cemetery, 8:45 a.m.
- Clear Creek Cemetery (Heritage Lake), 9:10 a.m.
- New Maysville Cemetery, 9:45 a.m.
- North Salem Cemetery, 10:15 a.m.
- Barnard Cemetery, 10:45 a.m.
- Roachdale Cemetery, 11 a.m.
- Ladoga Cemetery, 11:30 a.m.
- Roachdale Library, noon.
Times are approximate. Area residents are welcome to attend the memorial services to honor veterans at any of the locations.
For more information about Post 118 activities, call Tronie Lawrence at 745-4736.
For more information on the Post 3284 activities, call James Mandleco at (765) 522-5334.
On Memorial Day, the American flag is to be displayed at half-staff from sunrise to noon and then elevated to full staff from noon to sunset.