There will be more than birds singing this summer at the Indianapolis Zoo.
That’s because the zoo’s two annual concert series — Zoolapalooza and Animals and All That Jazz — are back to offer music, food and fun for family members of all ages.
Start the weekend off right with entertainment from some of the area’s top musical acts during Zoolapalooza. Now in its fourth year, this musical experience will have guests rockin’ the night away for five consecutive Fridays from June 20 to July 18. This year’s Zoolapalooza lineup features:
• June 20: Impalas — A wildly entertaining group that combines soul, R&B and rock with a touch of swing;
• June 27: Jennie DeVoe — An original singer and songwriter whose music is inspired by blues, soul, hippie, funk, roots and acoustic genres;
• July 4: 8 Miles High — This classic rock band will be belting out hits from the 1970s, ‘80s, ‘90s and today;
• July 11: Bahama Llama —Guests will be swaying to the beat of island-inspired rhythms from this high-energy band; and
• July 18: West Central Quartet — This band performs everything from jazz classics to contemporary music from every genre.
As the summer heats up, guests can keep it cool with Animals and All That Jazz presented by Indiana Members Credit Union. For 26 years, this summer series has showcased distinctive artists, acts and musical stylings, and that tradition continues. This series kicks off July 10 and continues every Thursday through Aug. 14. This year’s Animals and All That Jazz lineup features:
• July 10: Indianapolis Jazz Orchestra — Indy’s premier and nationally recognized big-band is composed of the leading instrumentalists and terrific vocalists;
• July 17: Cynthia Layne — One of the city’s most beloved vocalists will take the audience on a musical adventure with her versatile vocals and unique style of soul, R&B, funk and pop;