Indianapolis Metropolitan Police are investigating a fatal shooting believed to have happened in the parking lot at Lafayette Square Mall shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday.
Authorities were called to the 4200 block of North Lafayette Road after a call came into the 911 dispatch center reporting that a person had been shot at that location.
The man, later identified as 21-year-old Robert Mitcham of Indianapolis, was pronounced dead on the scene by Emergency Medical Services personnel.
Authorities say the shooting most likely took place in the mall parking lot in the 3900 block of North Lafayette Road. Detectives are attempting to locate the crime scene now and are interviewing witnesses.
No one has been arrested, and no suspect information is available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 327-3475 or Crime Stoppers at 262-TIPS (8477). Callers may also text “INDYCS” plus tip information to 274627 (CRIMES).
- Giants edge Southport The Ben Davis boys' basketball team improved to 2-1 on the season Saturday night with a 51-44 win over the visiting Southport Cardinals. Ben Davis spread the ball around offensively and finished with eight players in the score column. However, with t
- Luikhart lifts Warriors to win After the Covenant Christian and Indian Creek girls' basketball teams traded leads in the final two minutes, Covenant's Kaitlyn Luikart hit a game-winning 3-point shot with 10 seconds left as the Warriors pulled out a 58-56 victory over the visiting
Teen brothers arrested for murder of Iraq vet
Friday morning, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) arrested two teen brothers in connection with a fatal shooting Wednesday.
TSA program aims to make travel easier on passengers
Officials with the Indianapolis International Airport (IND), along with the Transportation Security Administration, announced Wednesday the opening of the first application site for the TSA Pre-Check program.
IMPD still searching for a suspect involved in Tuesday shooting
At approximately 10:20 p.m. Dec. 3 Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) officers were dispatched to the 5400 block of Falcon Creek Way on the report of shots fired.
- Santa arrives in Indy The Indianapolis International Airport (IND) once again hosted a very famous visitor on Saturday -- jolly old St. Nick. Civic Plaza was turned into a winter wonderland where several hundred children and their families came to see Santa and enjoy free
- Seasonal favorite returns to Beef & Boards In time for the holidays and on select dates only, Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre presents its special one-hour production of the classic Charles Dickens tale "A Christmas Carol." The timeless tale is enhanced with music, live on stage from Dec. 6 thro
- Santa arrives in Indianapolis The Indianapolis International Airport (IND) once again hosted a very famous visitor on Saturday -- jolly old St. Nick. Civic Plaza was turned into a winter wonderland where several hundred children and their families came to see Santa and enjoy free
- Indianapolis Opera presents 'Amahl and the Night Visitors' The Indianapolis Opera helps usher in the holiday season with a presentation of Gian Carlo Menotti's "Amahl and the Night Visitors" Dec. 6 through 15 at the Basile Opera Center, 4011 N. Pennsylvania St. Menotti brought opera into American living room
Local author shares stories of her family and friends
Indianapolis author Lynne Gleason collects e-mails and stories between her family and friends, and has now released two books from them. Gleason grew up in a big family from Ohio. She joined the hotel business and is now the executive housekeeper at
- More Westside Headlines