Hendricks County Flyer
---- — Clayton Presbyterian Church at the corner of Pennsylvania and Michigan streets in Clayton, is planning a building addition to provide full accessibility to the church.
The addition, accessed from the street, will include a small entrance lobby and stairway to the narthex and a hydraulic lift which will provide access to the sanctuary and basement levels. The lift will accommodate a wheelchair and an attendant or three persons.
The addition on the northwest corner of the church will be compatible with the church’s architecture.
The project will fulfill the church family’s commitment to provide full access to all people.
The congregation is presently involved in a building campaign to raise funds for the project, with a goal of $150,000.
Members and friends will offer their pledges and gifts on Aug. 18.
Clayton Presbyterian Church is one of the oldest congregations in Hendricks County, founded in 1831. The present church building, a sturdy limestone structure, was dedicated in 1955, replacing a white-frame church destroyed by fire in 1944.
The congregation worships at 9:30 a.m. Sundays and all are welcome.