- Avon places second at regional MOORESVILLE -- With the state wrestling finals inching closer for local grapplers, the talent began to separate from the rest of the field at this weekend's Mooresville regional. All in all, Hendricks County advanced 20 wrestlers to the Evansville se
- County Girls' Basketball Sectional Pairings Class 4A Sectional 12 at Terre Haute North Game 1: Terre Haute North vs. Martinsville Game 2: Brownsburg vs. Avon Game 3: Plainfield vs. Terre Haute South Game 4: Mooresville vs. Winner of Game 1 Game 5: Winner of Game 2 vs. Winner of Game 3 Champion
NFL needs some fine-tuning in off-season
With another NFL season in the books, many Americans now face a gridiron withdrawal that can leave one looking like an extra from “The Walking Dead,” wandering and grunting with undefined purpose.
- Avon ends skid, downs Jeff 56-50 AVON -- The host Orioles came into their game Friday versus Lafayette Jeff on a three-game slide, including two tough conference losses. A fourth-quarter surge broke Avon's losing streak and gave it a 56-50 win over the Broncos. Conner Funkhouser led
- Cadets knock off Patriots BROWNSBURG -- Behind 17 points and seven rebounds from senior Hayden Suter, the Cascade boy's basketball team defeated host Bethesda Christian 54-44 Friday night. "I'm pleased to get a win," Cascade coach Chris Dubois said. "We have lost 11 in a row
- Orioles fall in finale AVON -- Despite 10 points and four rebounds from Lexi Short, the Avon girls' basketball team fell to visiting Hamilton Southeastern 53-36 Thursday night. The loss caps a difficult regular season for the Orioles, who finished 1-18, but Avon coach Davi
- Brownsburg clamps down Westfield BROWNSBURG -- Coming in on a 10-game losing streak did not bode well for the visiting Westfield Shamrocks boys' basketball team Friday night as they visited Class 4A No. 5 Brownsburg. Brownsburg showed little mercy for Westfield's situation, holding
Quakers fall in OT
The Plainfield Quakers didn’t have enough gas in the tank on Friday night, falling to the Greenwood Woodmen 49-45 in overtime.
Siblings stand out in sports, studies
When it comes to successful athletic and academic families in Hendricks County, the Griffins of Avon, parented by Clark and Julie, have to be among the more notable in its history.
- Bruins ride defense to 64-50 victory LIZTON -- Behind a double-double from senior Austin Musial, the Tri-West boys' basketball team defeated visiting Greencastle 64-50 Saturday night. "It was (a good win)," Tri-West coach Adam Bontreger said. "We had a tough loss last night at Danville
- More Sports Headlines