- Sport Briefs Danville offers scavenger hunt The Danville Parks and Recreation Department is offering a GPS scavenger hunt through downton Danville and Ellis Park beginnning at 10 a.m. March 15. It's a free event open to the public. Clues and coordinates will be g
- Brownsburg takes sectional crown Brownsburg takes sectional crown By Jake Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local man continues sectional streak GREENCASTLE -- The beginning of March has never included a vacation or much variety with regards to Mill Creek School District resident Bob Fuson. For Fuson, last Tuesday night at South Putnam marked the 69th consecutive year that he has attended an
Rodgers to go pro at season's end
With buzz circulating that he planned on going pro, Stanford junior Patrick Rodgers wanted to remove all uncertainty with the most important stretch of the collegiate golf season upcoming.
- Tri-West earns trip to regionals BEECH GROVE — With a 58-48 win over Indian Creek Saturday night, Tri-West won its fourth-ever boys' basketball sectional title. In their three games, the Bruins outplayed, outhustled and outsmarted their opposition. “It’s hard for me to put into word
Brownsburg takes sectional crown
AVON — For the first time since its magical state title run of 2007-08, the Brownsburg boys’ basketball team brought home a sectional title.
- Avon bowling team sees success The 2013-14 season was a successful one for the Avon boys' and girls' bowling teams. The boys' team finished ninth at the state competition and junior Devin Elmlinger finished 10th in the girls' state singles. "I was really impressed with our team,"
- Tri-West dominates Danville, 47-30 BEECH GROVE -- Every team wants to peak in the postseason. Tri-West is doing it. In a 29-point reversal of the teams' regular-season contest, the Bruins blasted rival Danville in Friday's Sectional 27 semifinal, 47-30. Tri-West held Danville to 12 of
- Bulldogs take OT thriller AVON -- Big games, like the one between Class 4A No. 5 Brownsburg and No. 15 Mooresville in Friday's sectional semifinal, require players to step up and make big plays. There were no shortage of pivotal moments on both sides, but two seniors came tro
- Avon falls short in sectional semi-final AVON -- Just 10 days ago, the Avon boys' basketball team downed host Martinsville 64-55 in each team's season finale. The pair met again Friday night at the Class 4A Sectional 25 with a different result, as Martinsville ended Avon's postseason, 68-56
- More Sports Headlines