Brownsburg stuns No. 18 Ben Davis
BROWNSBURG — Dating back to the 2000-01 season, the Ben Davis girls’ basketball team has held a 14-3 record against Brownsburg and had never lost back-to-back games to the Bulldogs in that span.
- Cadets fade down the stretch CLAYTON -- Persistence paid off in a big way for the Covenant Christian girls' basketball team Friday night. Some untimely Cascade turnovers also helped the Warriors' cause. Trailing 42-32 with 4:16 left in the game, Covenant went on a 16-4 run to cl
- Lacrosse movement gaining traction across county Introducing a sport into a community where there wasn't one before takes a great deal of effort. Effort to build a base of participants, effort to build up sponsorships, effort to build relationships within the sporting community, and effort to find
Girls' hoops squads ready for tip-off
With fall fading into winter, basketball season has arrived, and Hendricks County girls’ squads hit the court for real this week.
- Oriole seniors go out on top MUNCIE -- For Avon's six seniors, Saturday night's volleyball state championship victory over Carmel was the culmination of years of hard work. Logan Beeson, Lindsay Thompson, Rebekah Strange, Shelby Connors, Rachel Griffin and Emma Carmichael all h
- SWEET REPEAT!! MUNCIE -- Repeating a state championship is never an easy task. Some say it's harder the second time around, with pressure building throughout the season and intensifying as the postseason arrives. Such was the case for the Avon volleyball team, winn
New era begins at Butler
Most people recall where they were upon hearing significant news in their life, whether it was positive or negative. I remember where I was when I heard now-former Butler basketball coach Brad Stevens was going to the Boston Celtics.
MUNCIE — Repeating a state championship is never an easy task. Some say it’s harder the second time around with pressure building throughout the season and intensifying as the postseason arrives.
- Braves bounce Bruins from postseason, 42-21 INDIANAPOLIS -- With the Class 3A Sectional 29 football title on the line Friday night, the Tri-West Bruins were a part of history. Unfortunately, it was another team's history as the Brebeuf Braves won their first-ever sectional football title with
- Avon volleyball looks to repeat For the third time in as many years, the Avon volleyball team is back in the Class 4A state finals. For the second straight time, the Orioles face off against Carmel. In last year's final, Avon downed Carmel 3-2 in a five-set match for the ages. Carm
- More Sports Headlines
- Brownsburg stuns No. 18 Ben Davis