- Sport Briefs MSOC offers hoops contest March 1 The Mill Creek Optimist Club is holding its annual Tri-Star Basketball Contest at 2 p.m. March 1 in the Cascade Middle School gymnasium. The contest is free to all participants and is open to boys and girls who were
- County wrestlers place at state INDIANAPOLIS -- With a chance at a state title in the balance, Avon's Guy Henson and Cascade's Zach Batts returned to Bankers Life Fieldhouse for the state finals on Saturday after opening round wins on Friday. Unfortunately, both seniors ran into to
- Bruins fall short in three OT thriller DANVILLE -- Going into its daytime regional contest against Western Boone, the Tri-West girls' basketball team knew it would be underdogs, having lost by 12 points in an earlier Sagamore Conferece game. The Bruins pushed the Stars to their breaking p
With Sam's help, progress will progress
American society isn’t always the quickest to evolve. Sometimes it needs a little push, and occasionally it comes from sports.
- Orioles dominate sectional, aim at state AVON — As Avon athletics have ascended to new heights over the past half-decade, the Oriole boys’ swimming team has helped lead the charge. With its best roster of talent in program history, Avon again rewrote its record book in Saturday’s sectional
County wrestlers place at state
INDIANAPOLIS — With a chance at a state title in the balance, Avon’s Guy Henson and Cascade’s Zach Batts returned to Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Saturday for the state finals after opening round wins on Friday.
Warrior seniors reunite on hardwood
If adversity builds mental toughness, this year’s Danville boys’ basketball team should be among the state’s strongest cerebrally.
- Avon, Cascade grapplers advance at state finals INDIANAPOLIS -- A night filled with hope for eight Hendricks County wrestlers turned into disappointment for six of those grapplers at the opening round of the 76th annual wrestling state finals at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Friday. But for the two t
- County sends eight to state Hendricks County schools sent 20 grapplers to the Evansville Reitz semi-state over the weekend and eight continued their journey to the state finals. Avon led the way to semi-state with eight wrestlers and was able to advance four grapplers to Banker
- Cascade bounced from sectional SPEEDWAY -- For the Cascade girls' basketball team, returning to the Speedway gym has plenty of bad sectional memories, and the Cadets added another on Saturday. After defeating West Central Conference rival Monrovia in the regular season, the Bulldo
- More Sports Headlines