- Indians MVP ready for 2014 With Friday's start to the season, the Indianapolis Indians are focused on winning their third straight International League West Division title. In his fourth season in an Indians uniform, 28-year-old infielder Matt Hague has become a face for the o
Indians announce opening day roster
The back-to-back International League West Division champion Indianapolis Indians have announced their Opening Day roster for the 2014 season. Managed by the 11th-winningest skipper in the Tribe’s 100-plus year history, Dean Treanor, the Indians boast 17 players with major league experience, including 11 who reached the big leagues last season, as well as the Pirates top-ranked prospect Gregory Polanco.
Quite a weekend in the Circle City
This weekend’s NCAA Tournament Midwest Regional was another chance for Indianapolis to show why it’s the best sports city in the country, as thousands of out-of-staters and locals converged in and around Lucas Oil Stadium.
- LOR set to open next weekend BROWNSBURG — With the weather outside finally changing for the better, Lucas Oil Raceway will soon open its gates for race enthusiasts who have endured a long, grueling winter. Beginning April 6 with the fifth-annual March of Dimes Cabin Fever Champi
- Franchitti to drive 500 pace car Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti has been scheduled to drive a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 to pace the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 25. It's the eighth time a Camaro has served as the pace car, starting in 1967, and t
- Colts' offseason coming into focus Colts' offseason coming into focus By Tom James CNHI News Service
County softball teams looking for more success
Four of the county's softball teams -- Avon (No. 18), Cascade (No. 8), Plainfield (No. 20), and Tri-West (No. 1) -- are ranked in the preseason top 20 of their respective classes. With preseason behind them, teams are ready to hit the diamond and get
- County baseball teams ready for spring With the calendar's turn to April, the high school baseball season is officially underway, and Hendricks County's seven programs are ready to hit the diamond after a long, cold winter. Here's a look at what to expect this season. AVON Orioles coach
- Orioles take second in indoor track meet The best year in Avon High School sports history has a chance to get even better this spring. The school has two state titles and two runners-up this year, and after last week's second-place finish at the Hoosier State Relays in Marion, the Oriole bo
- Anderson, IndyCar start 2014 season Anderson Speedway will kick off the 2014 season this Saturday with a pair of 75-lap features for the McGunegill Engine Performance Late Models and the NASH-FM Thunder Cars. Qualifications will begin at 4:30 p.m. with racing slated to start at 6 p.m.
- More Sports Headlines