- Avon grapplers topple Plainfield PLAINFIELD -- In a wrestling match that featured 10 falls of the 14 weight classes between Avon and Plainfield Tuesday night, action was swift and deliberate. Unfortunately for host Plainfield, Avon racked up seven pins on its way to a 50-24 victory.
- Bruins maul Cadets LIZTON -- The Tri-West boys' basketball team took a small 6-point lead after one quarter, expanded it to 17 points at the half against Cascade, and cruised to victory. Tri-West led wire-to-wire Wednesday night as the Bruins won going away, 72-41. Tre
Brownsburg falls in opener
BROWNSBURG — For three quarters the Brownsburg boys’ basketball team hung with two-time defending state champion Carmel Wednesday night. However, it was the fourth quarter that sealed the Bulldogs’ fate.
Flyer names all-county football team
None of Hendricks County’s football teams made it out of sectional play this year, as the six programs went a combined 31-33 after posting a collective 39-24 mark last season. Still, there were plenty of quality performers, and 15 have been named to the Hendricks County Flyer All-County team.
Boys' swimmers, divers hit the water
While the girls’ season commenced a few weeks ago, boys’ swimming and diving gets underway this week. Here’s a preview of this year’s county squads:
- Holiday-week musings from the Sunshine State I got off the plane late Sunday afternoon at Orlando International Airport expecting to go to my brother's to watch the Colts/Cardinals game on DVR. De-boarding, I got this text from Flyer sports editor/fellow season ticket-holder/tailgate partner-in
"Medora" a heroic, troubling snapshot of rural Indiana
If “Hoosiers” is the heartwarming tale of a treasured era of Indiana small-town history long gone, “Medora” is a sobering examination of what remains of many of those towns with its passing.
- Danville claws back, tops Cascade DANVILLE -- Cascade looked to be coasting to a victory Friday night, but a ferocious run by the host Warriors gave them a 60-57 victory as the final buzzer sounded. Danville had a pair of offensive heroes in the game. Sophomore Hannah Newby had a te
- Cadets swat Hornets CLAYTON -- The Cascade girls' swim team won nine of 12 events Thursday night against Beech Grove and turned its opening performance into a dominating 129-47 win over the Hornets. Cascade coach Paul Williams attributed the win to Cascade's offseason e
- Brownsburg runs away with big win AVON -- With county and Hoosier Crossroads Conference bragging rights on the line Friday night, the Brownsburg girls' basketball team won a lopsided victory over Avon. Brownsburg outscored Avon 21-4 in the second and third quarters and coasted to a 5
- More Sports Headlines