Women's pro sports still about looks
Late last week, LPGA players reacted strongly to Paulina Gretzky’s forthcoming cover spot on Golf Digest, in which the well put-together fiancé of PGA Tour star Dustin Johnson and daughter of The Great One will appear in a bra and tights.
- Bulldogs take season opener SPEEDWAY — After a slow start, the Brownsburg baseball team hit its familiar stride in Saturday’s season opener against the host Sparkplugs. Brownsburg trailed by two runs entering the fifth inning, but plated three in that frame and in the sixth for
- Academy introducing motorsports to local kids Area youth have a new look into auto racing, and a pathway to positive life choices, with the new Rev Racing Motorsports Academy. The academy's goal is to provide a safe, nurturing environment that introduces children to opportunities many aren't awa
- Throwback baseball league gearing up With "Throwback Thursday," or #TBT, picking up great momentum on social media these days, it's only fitting that some local sports enthusiasts got into the action. However, the guys from the recently formed West Central Indiana Men's Baseball League
- Indians MVP ready for 2014 With Friday's start to the season, the Indianapolis Indians are focused on winning their third straight International League West Division title. In his fourth season in an Indians uniform, 28-year-old infielder Matt Hague has become a face for the o
Indians announce opening day roster
The back-to-back International League West Division champion Indianapolis Indians have announced their Opening Day roster for the 2014 season. Managed by the 11th-winningest skipper in the Tribe’s 100-plus year history, Dean Treanor, the Indians boast 17 players with major league experience, including 11 who reached the big leagues last season, as well as the Pirates top-ranked prospect Gregory Polanco.
- Quakers fall to Grizzly Cubs PLAINFIELD — For three quarters Friday night, Plainfield almost seemed invisible and it wasn’t because of their camouflage jerseys. Franklin's 21-point second quarter was just enough cushion to hold off a late Plainfield rally and secure a 42-28 con
Quite a weekend in the Circle City
This weekend’s NCAA Tournament Midwest Regional was another chance for Indianapolis to show why it’s the best sports city in the country, as thousands of out-of-staters and locals converged in and around Lucas Oil Stadium.
- LOR set to open next weekend BROWNSBURG — With the weather outside finally changing for the better, Lucas Oil Raceway will soon open its gates for race enthusiasts who have endured a long, grueling winter. Beginning April 6 with the fifth-annual March of Dimes Cabin Fever Champi
- Franchitti to drive 500 pace car Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti has been scheduled to drive a 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 to pace the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 25. It's the eighth time a Camaro has served as the pace car, starting in 1967, and t
- More Sports Headlines
- Women's pro sports still about looks