- Covenant cruises by Bethesda 62-36 Bethesda Christian visited Covenant Christian Tuesday night for each squad's boys' basketball teams opening contest of the season. The Warriors' defense stifled the Patriots' offense, and Covenant opened its season with a convincing 62-36 win. A pair
Long gone basketball league leaves a costly legacy
If you want to mark yourself as a graying old-timer, bring up the American Basketball Association – the professional league that featured large Afros, slam dunk contests, three-point baskets and a red, white and blue basketball.
- Cole Jr. a chip off the old block AVON -- Adults always marvel seeing youth take on challenges with ease. That is often the case when watching Avon's Brad Cole Jr., an 11-year-old who is quickly proving to be a prodigy in drag racing. Following in the footsteps of his racing family o
- Brownsburg falls in opener BROWNSBURG -- For three quarters the Brownsburg boys' basketball team hung with two-time defending state champion Carmel Wednesday night. But it was the fourth quarter that sealed the Bulldogs' fate. Carmel outscored Brownsburg 25-10 in the fourth to
- Covenant cruises by Bethesda 62-36 INDIANAPOLIS -- Bethesda Christian visited Covenant Christian Tuesday night for each squad's boys' basketball teams opening contest of the season. The Warriors' defense stifled the Patriots' offense, and Covenant opened its season with a convincing 6
- Young rider looks to continue momentum For Danville's Kayden Young, life is certainly lived in the fast lane, as he has competed in bike racing since he was a 4-year-old. He has had several successes in his early career -- including finishing second in the 2012 AMA Racing Mid-America Cros
- Quakers fall to Grizzly Cubs PLAINFIELD — For three quarters Friday night, Plainfield almost seemed invisible and it wasn’t because of their camouflage jerseys. Franklin's 21-point second quarter was just enough cushion to hold off a late Plainfield rally and secure a 42-28 con
- Avon grapplers topple Plainfield PLAINFIELD -- In a wrestling match that featured 10 falls of the 14 weight classes between Avon and Plainfield Tuesday night, action was swift and deliberate. Unfortunately for host Plainfield, Avon racked up seven pins on its way to a 50-24 victory.
- Bruins maul Cadets LIZTON -- The Tri-West boys' basketball team took a small 6-point lead after one quarter, expanded it to 17 points at the half against Cascade, and cruised to victory. Tri-West led wire-to-wire Wednesday night as the Bruins won going away, 72-41. Tre
Brownsburg falls in opener
BROWNSBURG — For three quarters the Brownsburg boys’ basketball team hung with two-time defending state champion Carmel Wednesday night. However, it was the fourth quarter that sealed the Bulldogs’ fate.
- More Sports Headlines