Miller off to good start in Oregon
Avon’s Jared Miller saw the collegiate ranks’ best competition during his three years at Vanderbilt, especially during the Commodores’ run to an NCAA title in June.
Now, as part of the Hillsboro (Ore.) Hops of the Class A Short-Season Northwest League, Miller is facing hitters who collectively view at-bats a little differently.
County football teams ready for Friday night
While only three Hendricks County football teams finished above .500 in 2013, and none escaped sectionals, there is plenty of returning talent and optimism this fall.
- Quakers open strong, net win over Warriors PLAINFIELD — At Monday's season opener for the Plainfield and Danville boys’ tennis teams, the Quakers got the better of the Warriors. Both teams utilized some inexperienced players, as each has only two with varsity experience, but in then end the h
- Bracket series excites at LOR Lucas Oil Raceway hosted the VP Racing Fuels ET Bracket Series on Sunday afternoon. A varied group of participants came out to compete — from a 10-year-old following in his father’s footsteps to a seasoned veteran preparing for the upcoming U.S. Nati
- County strong again in girls' cross country With Avon geared up after a program-best finish at state, and with plenty of talent back on other squads, 2014 should be another quality girls' cross country season in Hendricks County. Here's a look at this year's teams: Avon Expectations are high a
- Miller off to good start in Oregon Avon’s Jared Miller saw the collegiate ranks’ best competition during his three years at Vanderbilt, especially during the Commodores’ run to an NCAA title in June. Now, as part of the Hillsboro (Ore.) Hops of the Class A Short-Season Northwest Leagu
Rodgers injured, but makes Web finals
A tough week ended favorably for Avon’s Patrick Rodgers, as he still qualified for the Web.com Tour finals after withdrawing from the Wyndham Championship in North Carolina on Friday.
- Orioles hire new softball coach At Monday’s Avon School Board meeting, Jennifer Chasteen was named the high school’s new varsity softball coach. "I am very excited to have been given such a great opportunity to coach where I played high school softball and continue the winning trad
Danville dominates Greencastle, 68-31
DANVILLE — After dispatching Greencastle Friday night, the Danville boys’ basketball team upped its record to 8-1 on the year.
Bruins rebound for season opening victory
LIZTON –After dropping its first set, the Tri-West girls’ volleyball team rebounded to win the next three sets en route to a 3-1 defeat of visiting Greencastle Monday night.
- More Sports Headlines
- Miller off to good start in Oregon