April 16, 2013
Myrtle Goins Wilson of Indianapolis died Tuesday. She was 102 and had formerly resided in Danville.
Born Dec. 24, 1910, in Spencer County, Ky., she was a daughter of William T. and Blanche (Woods) Goins. She married Shelby Wilson in 1928 and he died in ‘65.
Mrs. Wilson worked in the housekeeping department at Hendricks Regional Health from 1968 until her retirement in ‘83.
She was a member of the former Danville Order of Eastern Star Chapter 39.
Survivors include daughters Helen Mosley and Virginia (Merriel) Smith, both of Indianapolis; six grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, seven great-great-grandchildren, and two great-great-great-grandchildren.
Preceding her in death were a daughter, Doris Hofmann, seven brothers, and five sisters.
Services are 7 p.m. Friday at G. H. Hermann Funeral Home, Madison Avenue Chapel. Interment is Monday at Rest Haven Cemetery in Louisville, Ky.
Calling is for two hours prior to the service at G. H. Hermann Funeral Home.
Weaver & Randolph Funeral Home in Danville is handling arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.weaverandrandolphfuneralhomes.com.
April 16, 2013
- Scott July 28, 2014 |Stephen Jay Scott of Indianapolis died Monday. He was 62. Born Sept. 17, 1951, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Robert E. and Helen Scott. He worked the past 18 years as a salesman for John Crane Inc. His memberships included Plainfield Eagles Lod
- Schleifer July 27, 2014 |Lt. Col. George W. “Bill” Schleifer, retired U.S.A.F., died Sunday in Austin, Texas, after a long struggle with cardio-pulmonary related illnesses. He was 90. Born Jan. 28, 1924, in Washington County, Ill., he was a son of the late George E. and Gla
- Mauser July 27, 2014 |Mary H. Steele Mauser of Plainfield died Sunday at Plainfield Healthcare Center. She was 94. Born Dec. 18, 1919, in Sullivan, he was a son of Maurice and Roxie Curry DeBaun. She was the widow of Max H. Steele and Carl Mauser. She worked 23 years at
- Lawson July 27, 2014 |Charley Lee “Chuck” Lawson died Sunday at his Plainfield home. He was 73. Born June 10, 1941, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Everett “Abe” and Myrtle Denny Lawson. He married Mary Ann Rash on July 28, 1961, and she survives. Mr. Lawson was a U.S.
- Cvetkovich July 24, 2014 |Milorad “Milo” Cvetkovich died July 24 at his home. He was 92. Born Aug. 10, 1921, in Prizren, Serbia, he was a son of the late Stanoje and Draga (Jovanovic) Cvetkovich. Mr. Cvetkovich was a prisoner of war during World War II until being liberated
- Grimes July 21, 2014 Franklin R. Grimes of Indianapolis died July 21. He was 56. Services will be held at 4 p.m. July 25 in Conkle Funeral Home, Avon Chapel. Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until time of service.
- Whitaker July 19, 2014 Warren “Rusty” Whitaker of Plainfield died July 19. He was 55. Born Jan. 9, 1959, in Greenfield, he was a son of the late Warren Whitaker Sr. and Rebecca (Roberts) Whitaker Dose Gipson. He married Janice Whitaker and she survives. Mr. Whitaker was a
- Hodge July 23, 2014 Newton Hodge Jr. of Danville died Wednesday at Hendricks Regional Health. He was 80. Born July 30, 1933, in Paterson, N.J., he was a son of the late Isaac and Nellie Storms Hodge. Mr. Hodge worked more than 30 years in quality control for Ford Motor
- Jones July 20, 2014 Frank E. Jones died July 20 at his Avon home. He was 86. He married Ivah Rubeck Jones and she survives. Mr. Jones was a machinist for Wallace Tool and Die. He was a member of Avon United Methodist Church. Additional survivors include a daughter, Beve
- Thompson April 24, 2014 Helen “Louise” Blum Thompson of Danville died April 24. She was 92. Services are noon Saturday at Bartlett Chapel United Methodist Church in Avon. Weaver and Randolph Funeral Home has been entrusted with arrangements.
- More Obituaries Headlines