April 16, 2013
Myrtle Goins Wilson of Indianapolis died Tuesday. She was 102 and had formerly resided in Danville.
Born Dec. 24, 1910, in Spencer County, Ky., she was a daughter of William T. and Blanche (Woods) Goins. She married Shelby Wilson in 1928 and he died in ‘65.
Mrs. Wilson worked in the housekeeping department at Hendricks Regional Health from 1968 until her retirement in ‘83.
She was a member of the former Danville Order of Eastern Star Chapter 39.
Survivors include daughters Helen Mosley and Virginia (Merriel) Smith, both of Indianapolis; six grandchildren, five great-grandchildren, seven great-great-grandchildren, and two great-great-great-grandchildren.
Preceding her in death were a daughter, Doris Hofmann, seven brothers, and five sisters.
Services are 7 p.m. Friday at G. H. Hermann Funeral Home, Madison Avenue Chapel. Interment is Monday at Rest Haven Cemetery in Louisville, Ky.
Calling is for two hours prior to the service at G. H. Hermann Funeral Home.
Weaver & Randolph Funeral Home in Danville is handling arrangements.
Online condolences may be made at www.weaverandrandolphfuneralhomes.com.
April 16, 2013
- Wernsman Aug. 13, 2014 Russell Keith Wernsman of Brownsburg died Wednesday. He was 76 and had formerly resided in Centralia, Ill. Born Oct. 26, 1937, in Patoka, Ill., he was a son of the late Walter and Edna B. (Lawrence) Wernsman. He married Judith Mae Chambers on July 11
- Olson Aug. 11, 2014 Mary E. (Howard) Olson of Indianapolis died Aug. 11. She was 78. She married Donald Olson Sr. and he survives. Mrs. Olson worked as a data processor for Summit Radiology in Fort Wayne. She was a member of Eagle Valley Church of Christ. Additional sur
- Joseph Aug. 12, 2014 Lena Virginia (Kurtz) Joseph died Aug. 12 at home. She was 98. Born Aug. 16, 1915, she was a daughter of the late John and Gertrude (Gentry) Kurtz. She married Randall Howard Joseph on Oct. 4, 1942. Mrs. Joseph grew up in Marion Township near New Win
Olson Aug. 11, 2014
Mary E. (Howard) Olson of Indianapolis died Aug. 11. She was 78. She married Donald Olson Sr. and he survives. Mrs. Olson was a data processor for Summit Radiology in Ft. Wayne. She was a member of Eagle Valley Church of Christ. Additional survivors
- Brown Aug. 11, 2014 Sarah (Sally) Jane Shields Brown of Plainfield died Aug. 11. She was 58. Born Oct. 31, 1955, in Indianapolis, she was a daughter of the late Robert and Martha Stewart Shields. She married Jeffery W. Brown and he survives. Mrs. Brown retired from Duke
- McMahan Aug. 8, 2014 John Wilmer McMahan died Aug. 8 at the Wellbrooke of Avon. He was 86. Born April 22, 1928, in Orestes, he was a son of the late John Spencer McMahan and Mable (Cook) McMahan. He married Janet (Aumock) McMahan on Jan. 3, 1954. She survives. Mr. McMaha
- Davis Aug. 9, 2014 William L. “Bill” Davis of Cromwell died Aug. 9 at Meadow Lake, Mooresville. He was 70. Born June 27, 1944, in Greenfield, he was a son of Harry and Virginia Leamon Davis. Mr. Davis was a quality control supervisor for StarCraft Marine for several ye
- Jimison July 28, 2014 Lawrence E. “Larry” Jimison of Brownsburg died at Brownsburg Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. He was 85. Born Feb. 24, 1929, in Wood County, Ohio, he was a son of the late Otto Lawrence Sherman and Margaret M. (Brim) Dicus. He married Lola R. (Wils
- Schenkâ€©Aug. 9, 2014 Alfred W. Schenk of Indianapolis died Aug. 9. He was 90. Services will be at 1 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Hampton-Gentry Funeral Home, Plainfield. Burial will be in Maple Hill Cemetery, Plainfield. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until time of service in th
- Hodge Aug. 9, 2014 Martha Jane Hodge of Avon died Aug. 9. She was 94. She married Loren Hodge Jr. and he preceded her in death. Mr. Hodge was a member of St. Michael Catholic Church since 1950. She was a founding member of the Quilt Guild of Indianapolis. She is surviv
- More Obituaries Headlines