April 17, 2013
Howard F. Chambers Sr. of Brownsburg died Wednesday at IU Health West Hospital in Avon. He was 92.
Mr. Chambers was a veteran of the U.S. Army Air Corps, serving in World War II. He had worked as a dispatcher for American Airlines.
He was a member of Chapel Rock Christian Church, Bridgeport Masonic Lodge, and Groveland Lodge of which he was a past master.
Survivors include a son, Howard F. Chambers Jr.; a sister, Mary Ann Weir; seven grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren, two nephews, and a niece.
Preceding him in death were his wife, Mary Louise Perry Chambers; a son, Larry Chambers; and a sister, Vera Cummins.
Services are 2 p.m. Saturday at Conkle Funeral Home in Avon.
Interment will be at Westridge Park Cemetery.
Calling is for two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be shared at conklefuneralhome.com.
April 17, 2013
- Wernsman Aug. 13, 2014 Russell Keith Wernsman of Brownsburg died Wednesday. He was 76 and had formerly resided in Centralia, Ill. Born Oct. 26, 1937, in Patoka, Ill., he was a son of the late Walter and Edna B. (Lawrence) Wernsman. He married Judith Mae Chambers on July 11
- Olson Aug. 11, 2014 Mary E. (Howard) Olson of Indianapolis died Aug. 11. She was 78. She married Donald Olson Sr. and he survives. Mrs. Olson worked as a data processor for Summit Radiology in Fort Wayne. She was a member of Eagle Valley Church of Christ. Additional sur
- Joseph Aug. 12, 2014 Lena Virginia (Kurtz) Joseph died Aug. 12 at home. She was 98. Born Aug. 16, 1915, she was a daughter of the late John and Gertrude (Gentry) Kurtz. She married Randall Howard Joseph on Oct. 4, 1942. Mrs. Joseph grew up in Marion Township near New Win
Olson Aug. 11, 2014
Mary E. (Howard) Olson of Indianapolis died Aug. 11. She was 78. She married Donald Olson Sr. and he survives. Mrs. Olson was a data processor for Summit Radiology in Ft. Wayne. She was a member of Eagle Valley Church of Christ. Additional survivors
- Brown Aug. 11, 2014 Sarah (Sally) Jane Shields Brown of Plainfield died Aug. 11. She was 58. Born Oct. 31, 1955, in Indianapolis, she was a daughter of the late Robert and Martha Stewart Shields. She married Jeffery W. Brown and he survives. Mrs. Brown retired from Duke
- McMahan Aug. 8, 2014 John Wilmer McMahan died Aug. 8 at the Wellbrooke of Avon. He was 86. Born April 22, 1928, in Orestes, he was a son of the late John Spencer McMahan and Mable (Cook) McMahan. He married Janet (Aumock) McMahan on Jan. 3, 1954. She survives. Mr. McMaha
- Davis Aug. 9, 2014 William L. “Bill” Davis of Cromwell died Aug. 9 at Meadow Lake, Mooresville. He was 70. Born June 27, 1944, in Greenfield, he was a son of Harry and Virginia Leamon Davis. Mr. Davis was a quality control supervisor for StarCraft Marine for several ye
- Jimison July 28, 2014 Lawrence E. “Larry” Jimison of Brownsburg died at Brownsburg Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. He was 85. Born Feb. 24, 1929, in Wood County, Ohio, he was a son of the late Otto Lawrence Sherman and Margaret M. (Brim) Dicus. He married Lola R. (Wils
- Schenkâ€©Aug. 9, 2014 Alfred W. Schenk of Indianapolis died Aug. 9. He was 90. Services will be at 1 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Hampton-Gentry Funeral Home, Plainfield. Burial will be in Maple Hill Cemetery, Plainfield. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until time of service in th
- Hodge Aug. 9, 2014 Martha Jane Hodge of Avon died Aug. 9. She was 94. She married Loren Hodge Jr. and he preceded her in death. Mr. Hodge was a member of St. Michael Catholic Church since 1950. She was a founding member of the Quilt Guild of Indianapolis. She is surviv
- More Obituaries Headlines