April 17, 2013
Howard F. Chambers Sr. of Brownsburg died Wednesday at IU Health West Hospital in Avon. He was 92.
Mr. Chambers was a veteran of the U.S. Army Air Corps, serving in World War II. He had worked as a dispatcher for American Airlines.
He was a member of Chapel Rock Christian Church, Bridgeport Masonic Lodge, and Groveland Lodge of which he was a past master.
Survivors include a son, Howard F. Chambers Jr.; a sister, Mary Ann Weir; seven grandchildren, 15 great-grandchildren, two nephews, and a niece.
Preceding him in death were his wife, Mary Louise Perry Chambers; a son, Larry Chambers; and a sister, Vera Cummins.
Services are 2 p.m. Saturday at Conkle Funeral Home in Avon.
Interment will be at Westridge Park Cemetery.
Calling is for two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be shared at conklefuneralhome.com.
April 17, 2013
- Jones July 20, 2014 Frank E. Jones of Avon died July 20 at home. He was 86. He married Ivah Rubeck Jones and she survives. Mr. Jones was a machinist for Wallace Tool and Die. He was a member of Avon United Methodist Church. He is also survived by daughter, Beverly (Curt
- Hodge July 23, 2014 Newton Hodge Jr. of Danville died July 23 in Hendricks Regional Health. She was 80. Born July 30, 1933, in Paterson, N.J., he was the son of the late Isaac and Nellie Storms Hodge. Mr. Hodge worked for Ford Motor Company for more than 30 years in qua
- No Headline Provided
- Condon July 21, 2014 John Richard Condon II of Greencastle, Lt. Col U.S. Air Force retired, died July 21. He was 60. Born Dec. 25, 1953, in Indianapolis, the oldest of 10 children, he was a son of the late John R. and Rose Ellen (Lowe) Condon. He married Ronda L. Christy
- Thompson April 24, 2014 Helen “Louise” Blum Thompson of Danville died April 24. She was 92. Services will be held at noon July 26 in Bartlett Chapel United Methodist Church in Avon. Weaver and Randolph Funeral Home has been entrusted with arrangements.
- Donna Lynne Lowery
- Stoeffler July 18, 2014 |Thomas “Bill” William Stoeffler died July 18 at the age of 87. Mr. Stoeffler was born in Indianapolis and moved his family to Pittsboro, where they were longtime residents. Mr. Stoeffler served in the U.S. Navy on the USS Claxton. He worked in seve
- Pike July 18, 2014 Jerald “Jerry” Copeland Pike of Plainfield died Friday. He was 78. Born Dec. 29, 1935, in Indianapolis, he was a son of the late Albert and Bernadine Pike. He married Mary Dee Pike and she survives. Mr. Pike was a U.S. Naval Reserve veteran. He was a
Charles Egbert Edmonds
Charles Egbert Edmonds died July 2 in Mt. Vernon, Wash. He was 92.
Terry Berzenye died July 13 in Brea, Calif. He was 76.
- More Obituaries Headlines