Dec. 23, 2012
Georgia Mae Coffey of Plainfield died Sunday in Hendricks Regional
Health at Danville. She was 77.
Born Dec. 9, 1935, in Seymour, she was the daughter of Garish and Mildred Palmer Dobson. She married Arvil C. Coffey and he preceded her in death in 1980.
Mrs. Coffey was a homemaker. Her memberships included Apostolic Lighthouse Tabernacle.
Survivors include her sons, Victor, Patrick, Timothy, Mark, and Shawn Coffey; daughters, Cynthia Coffey, Susan Godbey, Kristine Becker, and Tammy Howard; a brother, Jack Medlock; sisters, Claudia Setty, Patsy Stevens, and Mary Chastain; 23 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
Also preceding her in death were daughters Gloria Pongonis and Kathleen Coffey and a sister, Belinda Reed.
Services are 1 p.m. Dec. 29 in Apostolic Lighthouse Tabernacle, 5240 S. Concord St., Indianapolis, with burial to follow in Center Valley Cemetery, Clayton. Calling is 4-8 p.m. Dec. 28 in Hall-Baker Funeral Home, Plainfield.
Memorials may be made to the Cynthia Coffey Trust Fund c/o First National Bank, 101 W. Main St., Plainfield, IN 46168.
Online condolences may be made at BakerFuneralService.com.
Dec. 23, 2012
- Treadway July 30, 2014 Ruby E. Deaton Treadway of Indianapolis died Wedensday. She was 87. Services are 2 p.m. Saturday at Conkle Funeral Home in Avon. Interment will be at Mooresville Cemetery. Calling is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Hague July 28, 2014 Helen Edith Cox Hague of Indianapolis died July 28. She was 82. Survivors include her children, Chris (Sharon) Hague, Vickie Hague, Jim (Wanda) Hague, Beth Cline, and Becky Hague; three grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and one great-great-gran
- Alex July 27, 2014 Charles Steven “Greek” Alex of Coatesville died Sunday. He was 69.Born Sept. 11, 1944, in Clayton, he was a son of the late Mike Alex and Hazel Margarite Kugelman Alex.He was a graduate of Stilesville High School and a lifelong member of Stilesville
- Shields July 26, 2014 John L. “Jack” Shields Jr. of Danville died Saturday. He was 69.Born March 23, 1945, in Buffalo, N.Y., he was a son of John L. and Georgia E. (Schillinger) Shields Sr. He married Peggy Montgomery in 1965 and she survives.Mr. Shields was a 1963 gradua
- Summers July 27, 2014 Beulah Mae (Yeagley) Summers died Sunday morning at the home of her daughter in Veedersburg, where she had resided for the past two years. She was 91 and had formerly resided in Williamsport.Born May 9, 1923, in Palmyra, Pa., she was a daughter of th
- Scott July 28, 2014 |Stephen Jay Scott of Indianapolis died Monday. He was 62. Born Sept. 17, 1951, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Robert E. and Helen Scott. He worked the past 18 years as a salesman for John Crane Inc. His memberships included Plainfield Eagles Lod
- Schleifer July 27, 2014 |Lt. Col. George W. “Bill” Schleifer, retired U.S.A.F., died Sunday in Austin, Texas, after a long struggle with cardio-pulmonary related illnesses. He was 90. Born Jan. 28, 1924, in Washington County, Ill., he was a son of the late George E. and Gla
- Mauser July 27, 2014 |Mary H. Steele Mauser of Plainfield died Sunday at Plainfield Healthcare Center. She was 94. Born Dec. 18, 1919, in Sullivan, he was a son of Maurice and Roxie Curry DeBaun. She was the widow of Max H. Steele and Carl Mauser. She worked 23 years at
- Lawson July 27, 2014 |Charley Lee “Chuck” Lawson died Sunday at his Plainfield home. He was 73. Born June 10, 1941, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Everett “Abe” and Myrtle Denny Lawson. He married Mary Ann Rash on July 28, 1961, and she survives. Mr. Lawson was a U.S.
- Cvetkovich July 24, 2014 |Milorad “Milo” Cvetkovich died July 24 at his home. He was 92. Born Aug. 10, 1921, in Prizren, Serbia, he was a son of the late Stanoje and Draga (Jovanovic) Cvetkovich. Mr. Cvetkovich was a prisoner of war during World War II until being liberated
- More Obituaries Headlines