March 24, 2013
Dorothy Grienke Allen of Plainfield died Sunday at Avon Health and Rehab. She was 81.
Born Nov. 18, 1931, in Alta, Iowa, she was a daughter of the late Alfred and Florence Rees Grienke. She was the widow of Wayne Allen.
Mrs. Allen was a graduate of Indiana University and received a master’s degree from Butler University. She was a school teacher at
East Grade Elementary School and Central Elementary School for several years before retiring in 1995.
She was active in her community and her church, the Plainfield
United Methodist Church. Her memberships include retired school teachers association, Girl Scout leader, Stephen’s ministry, Golden
Girls, Sunday School Teacher, Hendricks County Homemaker of the year, Saturday Lunches, Stewardship Committee, and she formed the first kindergarten program at the Methodist church in Brownsburg.
Survivors include a daughter, Rosemary Church and husband Bob; brothers Gilbert Grienke and wife Arlene and Ray Grienke and wife Beverly; grandchildren Kelly Palmer and husband Thiago de Freitas, Amanda Walton and husband Troy, Brian and Neil Church; great-grandchildren Lucas, Gabriel, and Mya; a daughter-in-law,
Linda Palmer Ryser and husband Jim; a niece, Beth Grienke Kar; a nephew, Paul Grienke; dear friends, David Landis Jr. and wife Linda and Margaret Rose.
Preceding her in death were a son, H. Hunt Palmer; a brother, Lyle Grienke; a sister, Arlene Grienke; a nephew, Dan Grienke; and her grandmother, Sara Elizabeth Rees.
Services are 3 p.m. Saturday at Plainfield United Methodist Church with the Rev. Ted Blosser officiating.
Calling will be for two hours prior to the service at the church.
Memorials may be made to Last Saturday Lunch or the homeless ministries, both in care of the Plainfield United Methodist Church, 600 Simmons St., Plainfield, IN 46168.
Online condolences may be made at www.bakerfuneralservice.com.
March 24, 2013
- Grimes July 21, 2014 Franklin R. Grimes of Indianapolis died July 21. He was 56. Services will be held at 4 p.m. July 25 in Conkle Funeral Home, Avon Chapel. Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until time of service.
- Whitaker July 19, 2014 Warren “Rusty” Whitaker of Plainfield died July 19. He was 55. Born Jan. 9, 1959, in Greenfield, he was a son of the late Warren Whitaker Sr. and Rebecca (Roberts) Whitaker Dose Gipson. He married Janice Whitaker and she survives. Mr. Whitaker was a
- Hodge July 23, 2014 Newton Hodge Jr. of Danville died Wednesday at Hendricks Regional Health. He was 80. Born July 30, 1933, in Paterson, N.J., he was a son of the late Isaac and Nellie Storms Hodge. Mr. Hodge worked more than 30 years in quality control for Ford Motor
- Jones July 20, 2014 Frank E. Jones died July 20 at his Avon home. He was 86. He married Ivah Rubeck Jones and she survives. Mr. Jones was a machinist for Wallace Tool and Die. He was a member of Avon United Methodist Church. Additional survivors include a daughter, Beve
- Thompson April 24, 2014 Helen “Louise” Blum Thompson of Danville died April 24. She was 92. Services are noon Saturday at Bartlett Chapel United Methodist Church in Avon. Weaver and Randolph Funeral Home has been entrusted with arrangements.
- Condon July 21, 2014 John Richard Condon II of Greencastle, Lt. Col. U.S. Air Force retired, died Monday. He was 60. Born Dec. 25, 1953, in Indianapolis, the oldest of 10 children, he was a son of the late John R. and Rose Ellen (Lowe) Condon. He married Ronda L. Christy
- Lowery July 20, 2014 Donna Lynne Lowery died July 20. She was 56. Services are 11 a.m. July 25 at Avon United Methodist Church, 6850 E. U.S. 36, Avon. Interment will be at West Ridge Park Mausoleum. Calling is from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Conkle Funeral Home, Avon Chapel
- No Headline Provided
- No Headline Provided
- Donna Lynne Lowery
- More Obituaries Headlines