March 24, 2013
Dorothy Grienke Allen of Plainfield died Sunday at Avon Health and Rehab. She was 81.
Born Nov. 18, 1931, in Alta, Iowa, she was a daughter of the late Alfred and Florence Rees Grienke. She was the widow of Wayne Allen.
Mrs. Allen was a graduate of Indiana University and received a master’s degree from Butler University. She was a school teacher at
East Grade Elementary School and Central Elementary School for several years before retiring in 1995.
She was active in her community and her church, the Plainfield
United Methodist Church. Her memberships include retired school teachers association, Girl Scout leader, Stephen’s ministry, Golden
Girls, Sunday School Teacher, Hendricks County Homemaker of the year, Saturday Lunches, Stewardship Committee, and she formed the first kindergarten program at the Methodist church in Brownsburg.
Survivors include a daughter, Rosemary Church and husband Bob; brothers Gilbert Grienke and wife Arlene and Ray Grienke and wife Beverly; grandchildren Kelly Palmer and husband Thiago de Freitas, Amanda Walton and husband Troy, Brian and Neil Church; great-grandchildren Lucas, Gabriel, and Mya; a daughter-in-law,
Linda Palmer Ryser and husband Jim; a niece, Beth Grienke Kar; a nephew, Paul Grienke; dear friends, David Landis Jr. and wife Linda and Margaret Rose.
Preceding her in death were a son, H. Hunt Palmer; a brother, Lyle Grienke; a sister, Arlene Grienke; a nephew, Dan Grienke; and her grandmother, Sara Elizabeth Rees.
Services are 3 p.m. Saturday at Plainfield United Methodist Church with the Rev. Ted Blosser officiating.
Calling will be for two hours prior to the service at the church.
Memorials may be made to Last Saturday Lunch or the homeless ministries, both in care of the Plainfield United Methodist Church, 600 Simmons St., Plainfield, IN 46168.
Online condolences may be made at www.bakerfuneralservice.com.
March 24, 2013
- Treadway July 30, 2014 Ruby E. Deaton Treadway of Indianapolis died Wedensday. She was 87. Services are 2 p.m. Saturday at Conkle Funeral Home in Avon. Interment will be at Mooresville Cemetery. Calling is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Hague July 28, 2014 Helen Edith Cox Hague of Indianapolis died July 28. She was 82. Survivors include her children, Chris (Sharon) Hague, Vickie Hague, Jim (Wanda) Hague, Beth Cline, and Becky Hague; three grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and one great-great-gran
- Alex July 27, 2014 Charles Steven “Greek” Alex of Coatesville died Sunday. He was 69.Born Sept. 11, 1944, in Clayton, he was a son of the late Mike Alex and Hazel Margarite Kugelman Alex.He was a graduate of Stilesville High School and a lifelong member of Stilesville
- Shields July 26, 2014 John L. “Jack” Shields Jr. of Danville died Saturday. He was 69.Born March 23, 1945, in Buffalo, N.Y., he was a son of John L. and Georgia E. (Schillinger) Shields Sr. He married Peggy Montgomery in 1965 and she survives.Mr. Shields was a 1963 gradua
- Summers July 27, 2014 Beulah Mae (Yeagley) Summers died Sunday morning at the home of her daughter in Veedersburg, where she had resided for the past two years. She was 91 and had formerly resided in Williamsport.Born May 9, 1923, in Palmyra, Pa., she was a daughter of th
- Scott July 28, 2014 |Stephen Jay Scott of Indianapolis died Monday. He was 62. Born Sept. 17, 1951, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Robert E. and Helen Scott. He worked the past 18 years as a salesman for John Crane Inc. His memberships included Plainfield Eagles Lod
- Schleifer July 27, 2014 |Lt. Col. George W. “Bill” Schleifer, retired U.S.A.F., died Sunday in Austin, Texas, after a long struggle with cardio-pulmonary related illnesses. He was 90. Born Jan. 28, 1924, in Washington County, Ill., he was a son of the late George E. and Gla
- Mauser July 27, 2014 |Mary H. Steele Mauser of Plainfield died Sunday at Plainfield Healthcare Center. She was 94. Born Dec. 18, 1919, in Sullivan, he was a son of Maurice and Roxie Curry DeBaun. She was the widow of Max H. Steele and Carl Mauser. She worked 23 years at
- Lawson July 27, 2014 |Charley Lee “Chuck” Lawson died Sunday at his Plainfield home. He was 73. Born June 10, 1941, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Everett “Abe” and Myrtle Denny Lawson. He married Mary Ann Rash on July 28, 1961, and she survives. Mr. Lawson was a U.S.
- Cvetkovich July 24, 2014 |Milorad “Milo” Cvetkovich died July 24 at his home. He was 92. Born Aug. 10, 1921, in Prizren, Serbia, he was a son of the late Stanoje and Draga (Jovanovic) Cvetkovich. Mr. Cvetkovich was a prisoner of war during World War II until being liberated
- More Obituaries Headlines