Feb. 13, 2013
Barney Costin (Myron Kendall Costin) of Clayton, died Wednesday at Hendricks Regional Health. He was 80.
Born Aug. 10, 1932, in Stilesville, he was the son of Ova Franklin “Jack” Costin and Clara Starr Costin. He married Edith Byram in 1961 and she survives.
Mr. Costin was a 1950 graduate of Stilesville High School, where he played basketball all four years. He was a veteran of the National
Guard and U.S. Army. He played softball for several Indianapolis business teams and was a retired machinist.
Also surviving are daughters Sarah Roberts and husband Barry and Amy Jones and husband Chris; brother Ivan Costin; grandchildren Eddie Inman, Jennifer Inman, Ian Inman, and Charlie Roberts; and several neighborhood pets and two cats.
A brother, Jack Costin, and a sister, Marilyn Cummings, preceded him in death.
A memorial visitation is 2 to 4 p.m. Feb. 16 in Hall-Baker Funeral Home, Plainfield.
Memorials may be made to Hendricks County Animal Shelter, 250 E. Campus Blvd. Danville, IN 46122; or the Indiana Organ Procurement Foundation, 3760 Guion Road, Indianapolis, IN 46222.
Online condolences can be made at www.bakerfuneralservice.com.
Feb. 13, 2013
- Poppe Aug. 19, 2014 James E. Poppe of Coatesville died Tuesday. He was 82. Born May 15, 1932, in Brooklyn, he was a son of the late Leroy and Pearl Smith Poppe. He married Rosemary Lambert on June 2, 1964, in Las Vegas, and she survives. Mr. Poppe grew up and went to sc
- Wernsman Aug. 13, 2014 Russell Keith Wernsman of Brownsburg died Wednesday. He was 76 and had formerly resided in Centralia, Ill. Born Oct. 26, 1937, in Patoka, Ill., he was a son of the late Walter and Edna B. (Lawrence) Wernsman. He married Judith Mae Chambers on July 11
- Olson Aug. 11, 2014 Mary E. (Howard) Olson of Indianapolis died Aug. 11. She was 78. She married Donald Olson Sr. and he survives. Mrs. Olson worked as a data processor for Summit Radiology in Fort Wayne. She was a member of Eagle Valley Church of Christ. Additional sur
- Joseph Aug. 12, 2014 Lena Virginia (Kurtz) Joseph died Aug. 12 at home. She was 98. Born Aug. 16, 1915, she was a daughter of the late John and Gertrude (Gentry) Kurtz. She married Randall Howard Joseph on Oct. 4, 1942. Mrs. Joseph grew up in Marion Township near New Win
Olson Aug. 11, 2014
Mary E. (Howard) Olson of Indianapolis died Aug. 11. She was 78. She married Donald Olson Sr. and he survives. Mrs. Olson was a data processor for Summit Radiology in Ft. Wayne. She was a member of Eagle Valley Church of Christ. Additional survivors
- Brown Aug. 11, 2014 Sarah (Sally) Jane Shields Brown of Plainfield died Aug. 11. She was 58. Born Oct. 31, 1955, in Indianapolis, she was a daughter of the late Robert and Martha Stewart Shields. She married Jeffery W. Brown and he survives. Mrs. Brown retired from Duke
- McMahan Aug. 8, 2014 John Wilmer McMahan died Aug. 8 at the Wellbrooke of Avon. He was 86. Born April 22, 1928, in Orestes, he was a son of the late John Spencer McMahan and Mable (Cook) McMahan. He married Janet (Aumock) McMahan on Jan. 3, 1954. She survives. Mr. McMaha
- Davis Aug. 9, 2014 William L. “Bill” Davis of Cromwell died Aug. 9 at Meadow Lake, Mooresville. He was 70. Born June 27, 1944, in Greenfield, he was a son of Harry and Virginia Leamon Davis. Mr. Davis was a quality control supervisor for StarCraft Marine for several ye
- Jimison July 28, 2014 Lawrence E. “Larry” Jimison of Brownsburg died at Brownsburg Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. He was 85. Born Feb. 24, 1929, in Wood County, Ohio, he was a son of the late Otto Lawrence Sherman and Margaret M. (Brim) Dicus. He married Lola R. (Wils
- Schenkâ€©Aug. 9, 2014 Alfred W. Schenk of Indianapolis died Aug. 9. He was 90. Services will be at 1 p.m. Aug. 15 in the Hampton-Gentry Funeral Home, Plainfield. Burial will be in Maple Hill Cemetery, Plainfield. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until time of service in th
- More Obituaries Headlines