Born Oct. 21, 1936, he was a son of the late Robert and Jeannette (Eviston) Howard. He married Sally Howard on Feb. 10, 1957, and she survives.
Mr. Howard was a 1954 graduate of Lagro High School and a member of the Indiana National Guard. He worked for the Indiana Department of National Resources as a ranger at Salamonie Reservoir, in soil conservation, and for Farm Bureau. He was a basketball referee.
Mr. Howard was a member of the United Methodist Church in Plainfield. He was an avid golfer and a fan of the Indianapolis Colts and Indiana University. He enjoyed attending soccer games and swim meets.
Additional survivors include children Lisa (Steve) Lengel of Urbana, Dennis (Julie) Howard of Lebanon, Stacy (Frank) Davis of Plainfield and Tracy (Chris) Cutshaw of Plainfield; a sister, Shirley (Bob) Ellis of Venice, Fla.; 22 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Services are 11 a.m. Monday at Grandstaff-Hentgen Funeral Service, 1241 Manchester Ave., Wabash, with the Rev. Melissa Rice officiating. Interment will follow at Falls Cemetery in Wabash.
Calling is from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to the Wabash County Cancer Society and Riley Hospital for Children.
Online condolences may be made at www.grandstaff-hentgen.com.
Dec. 6, 2013
- Hague July 28, 2014 Helen Edith Cox Hague of Indianapolis died July 28. She was 82. Survivors include her children, Chris (Sharon) Hague, Vickie Hague, Jim (Wanda) Hague, Beth Cline, and Becky Hague; three grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and one great-great-gran
- Alex July 27, 2014 Charles Steven “Greek” Alex of Coatesville died Sunday. He was 69.Born Sept. 11, 1944, in Clayton, he was a son of the late Mike Alex and Hazel Margarite Kugelman Alex.He was a graduate of Stilesville High School and a lifelong member of Stilesville
- Shields July 26, 2014 John L. “Jack” Shields Jr. of Danville died Saturday. He was 69.Born March 23, 1945, in Buffalo, N.Y., he was a son of John L. and Georgia E. (Schillinger) Shields Sr. He married Peggy Montgomery in 1965 and she survives.Mr. Shields was a 1963 gradua
- Summers July 27, 2014 Beulah Mae (Yeagley) Summers died Sunday morning at the home of her daughter in Veedersburg, where she had resided for the past two years. She was 91 and had formerly resided in Williamsport.Born May 9, 1923, in Palmyra, Pa., she was a daughter of th
- Scott July 28, 2014 |Stephen Jay Scott of Indianapolis died Monday. He was 62. Born Sept. 17, 1951, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Robert E. and Helen Scott. He worked the past 18 years as a salesman for John Crane Inc. His memberships included Plainfield Eagles Lod
- Schleifer July 27, 2014 |Lt. Col. George W. “Bill” Schleifer, retired U.S.A.F., died Sunday in Austin, Texas, after a long struggle with cardio-pulmonary related illnesses. He was 90. Born Jan. 28, 1924, in Washington County, Ill., he was a son of the late George E. and Gla
- Mauser July 27, 2014 |Mary H. Steele Mauser of Plainfield died Sunday at Plainfield Healthcare Center. She was 94. Born Dec. 18, 1919, in Sullivan, he was a son of Maurice and Roxie Curry DeBaun. She was the widow of Max H. Steele and Carl Mauser. She worked 23 years at
- Lawson July 27, 2014 |Charley Lee “Chuck” Lawson died Sunday at his Plainfield home. He was 73. Born June 10, 1941, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Everett “Abe” and Myrtle Denny Lawson. He married Mary Ann Rash on July 28, 1961, and she survives. Mr. Lawson was a U.S.
- Cvetkovich July 24, 2014 |Milorad “Milo” Cvetkovich died July 24 at his home. He was 92. Born Aug. 10, 1921, in Prizren, Serbia, he was a son of the late Stanoje and Draga (Jovanovic) Cvetkovich. Mr. Cvetkovich was a prisoner of war during World War II until being liberated
- Grimes July 21, 2014 Franklin R. Grimes of Indianapolis died July 21. He was 56. Services will be held at 4 p.m. July 25 in Conkle Funeral Home, Avon Chapel. Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until time of service.
- More Obituaries Headlines