April 10, 2013
Avis I. Zoder of Spencer died Wednesday at IU Health-Bloomington Hospital. She was 83.
Born April 1, 1930, in Hendricks County, she was the daughter of the late Denman and Opal (Buchanan) Smith. She married Charles E.
Zoder and he also preceded her in death.
Mrs. Zoder was a graduate of Butler University. She went on to teach school and later was the co-owner, with her husband, of the Coatesville Advertiser. Her memberships included Spencer Christian Church and the ladies circle.
Survivors include two sons, David Zoder of Solsberry and Robert (Pauletta) Zoder of Gosport; a sister, Vivian Coleman of Clarksville, Tenn.; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Services are 10 a.m. April 15 at West & Parrish & Pedigo Funeral Home in Spencer, with Pastor Allan Lewis officiating. Burial will be in Riverside Cemetery. Visitation will be 2-6 p.m. April 14 and 9 a.m. until service time April 15.
Memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.westparrishpedigo.com.
April 10, 2013
- Gipson July 28, 2014 Will Gipson of Alva, Fla., died Monday. He was 79 and had formerly resided in Plainfield.Services are 1 p.m. Monday at Hampton-Gentry Funeral Home in Plainfield. Interment will be at Maple Hill Cemetery in Plainfield.Calling at the funeral home is fo
- McCoy July 31, 2014 |Veldia R. "Ted" McCoy III of Brownsburg died Thursday at the St. Vincent Heart Center. He was 51. He was born Feb. 3, 1963. He was raised by his aunt and uncle, Barb and Sonny Perry, and they survive. He married Dee Ann Heatwole on May 18, 1991, and
- Treadway July 30, 2014 Ruby E. Deaton Treadway of Indianapolis died Wedensday. She was 87. Services are 2 p.m. Saturday at Conkle Funeral Home in Avon. Interment will be at Mooresville Cemetery. Calling is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Hague July 28, 2014 Helen Edith Cox Hague of Indianapolis died July 28. She was 82. Survivors include her children, Chris (Sharon) Hague, Vickie Hague, Jim (Wanda) Hague, Beth Cline, and Becky Hague; three grandchildren, five great-grandchildren and one great-great-gran
- Alex July 27, 2014 Charles Steven “Greek” Alex of Coatesville died Sunday. He was 69.Born Sept. 11, 1944, in Clayton, he was a son of the late Mike Alex and Hazel Margarite Kugelman Alex.He was a graduate of Stilesville High School and a lifelong member of Stilesville
- Shields July 26, 2014 John L. “Jack” Shields Jr. of Danville died Saturday. He was 69.Born March 23, 1945, in Buffalo, N.Y., he was a son of John L. and Georgia E. (Schillinger) Shields Sr. He married Peggy Montgomery in 1965 and she survives.Mr. Shields was a 1963 gradua
- Summers July 27, 2014 Beulah Mae (Yeagley) Summers died Sunday morning at the home of her daughter in Veedersburg, where she had resided for the past two years. She was 91 and had formerly resided in Williamsport.Born May 9, 1923, in Palmyra, Pa., she was a daughter of th
- Scott July 28, 2014 |Stephen Jay Scott of Indianapolis died Monday. He was 62. Born Sept. 17, 1951, in Indianapolis, he was a son of Robert E. and Helen Scott. He worked the past 18 years as a salesman for John Crane Inc. His memberships included Plainfield Eagles Lod
- Schleifer July 27, 2014 |Lt. Col. George W. “Bill” Schleifer, retired U.S.A.F., died Sunday in Austin, Texas, after a long struggle with cardio-pulmonary related illnesses. He was 90. Born Jan. 28, 1924, in Washington County, Ill., he was a son of the late George E. and Gla
- Mauser July 27, 2014 |Mary H. Steele Mauser of Plainfield died Sunday at Plainfield Healthcare Center. She was 94. Born Dec. 18, 1919, in Sullivan, he was a son of Maurice and Roxie Curry DeBaun. She was the widow of Max H. Steele and Carl Mauser. She worked 23 years at
- More Obituaries Headlines