U.S. Marine Corps Brig. Gen. James Lariviere (left) administers the officers' oath to Col. Rob Palmer. Palmer was promoted to the rank of colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserve at a brief ceremony at the Pentagon on June 15. He is the son of Fred and Phyllis Palmer of Avon, and is serving on active duty as director of public affairs at Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command at Robins Air Force Base, Ga. Palmer is a 1986 graduate of Plainfield High School and earned degrees from The Citadel, Indiana University, and Tufts University.
- Military Briefs
- Danville graduate earns aviator wings Warrant Officer H. Jeff Martin has been awarded his wings as a U.S. Army Aviator, piloting the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior attack/reconnaissance helicopter. Martin, a 1998 graduate of Danville Community High School, enlisted in the Army in 2006 and complete
- Cascade grad completes basic training Air Force Airman Thomas L. Chambers graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas. The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Fo
- Seaman completes basic training Navy Seaman Lynsie E. Bragg, daughter of Dennis A. Bragg of Brownsburg and Jennie I. Bragg of Clayton, recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill. During the eight-week program, Bragg completed a variety
- Plainfield grad completes basic U.S. Navy Seaman Ashlynn N. Fries, daughter of Brandon J. and Amy D. Fries of Plainfield, recently completed basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill. She was promoted to her current rank upon graduation. Fries received the early
- Bowling anniversary James and Suzanne (Straber) Bowling of Brownsburg are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary today, Nov. 30. The couple was married in 1963 at Fleming Garden Christian Church in Indianapolis. Mrs. Bowling worked 30 years as a sales promotion mana
Air Force Airman Marc H. Michels graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas. The airman completed an intensive, eight-week program that included training in military discipline and studies, Air Force
Plainfield man completes basic
U.S. Navy Seaman Joshua T. Gath, son of Debra K. and Arnold E. Gath of Plainfield, recently completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command in Great Lakes, Ill.
PHS grad forms Navy coalition
U.S. Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Aaron W. Russell and fellow Sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise (CVN 65) formed a Coalition of Sailors Against Destructive Decisions (CSADD) committee.
- Plainfield native promoted to colonel
Plainfield grad earns promotion
U.S. Navy Seaman Cody J. Haller was recently promoted to his current rank upon graduation from recruit training at Recruit Training Command in Great Lakes, Ill.
- More Military Briefs Headlines