— Voting is now open for the Danville Chamber of Commerce's 2012 Community Awards.
Each year the chamber gives awards to one winner in each of the following six categories - public servant, senior citizen, community servant, educator of the year, business leader, and chamber member - at their annual dinner.
Voting is now open through Dec. 3 for all categories except chamber member, which is open to chamber members only.
This year's award ceremony is 6:30 p.m. Dec. 12 at the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Complex. Tickets are $8 for chamber members and $12 for non-members. Reservations are required and may be made by calling the chamber office at 745-0670.
- Public Servant - Loren Malloy, Danville Public Library; Jesse Fulwider, Hendricks County Sheriff's Department; Public Works Department, Town of Danville;
- Community Servant - Jennifer McPeak, Kristen Leisch, Jerry Vornholt;
- Business Leader - Rodney Myers, Digital Rain, LLC; Carla Huntsman, Carla's Creations and Gifts; Judy Sexton, Bread Basket CafŽ and Bakery;
- Educator - Diane Blankenship, Danville North Elementary School; Jordan Wheeler, Danville North Elementary; Sheree Hess, Danville Middle School;
- Senior Citizen - Bob Pearcy, Lorraine Ott, Steve Johnson;
- Chamber Member - Shane Ray, XRB Radio; Beth Lykins, Ray's Trash; Dr. Crystal Strahla, Danville Veterinary Hospital.
The link for voting may be found on the chamber website at www.danvillechamber.org or paper ballots are available at the Danville Chamber office.