AVON — The instructors at The Dancer’s Place here have many close ties. Owner Terri Click taught most of them when they were younger and now they’re following in her footsteps — passing on their dancing knowledge to their students, in her studio.
“This was our house when we moved here — my husband and I,” Click said of the renovated home on County Road 625 East, just off of U.S. 36.
Through a flood in 2003 and many renovations in the area due to Avon’s growth, Click said, the studio has remained there for 26 years.
Click has a degree in physical education with a minor in dance from Indiana University. She said she taught physical education for five years after school, but always taught dance on the side.
Dance is still a part-time gig for Click, whose full-time job is at Harrison Retirement Community.
“Everybody here has another job or is a student,” Click explained of her instructors, adding that they all have different levels of dance experience. “We always instill in students that there is a lot of opportunity through dance that is not dancing.”
Anita Collier has worked many years with Click. She has a bachelor’s degree from Anderson University and is working on her master’s. She also has three children and works full-time as a vendor manager at Midwest ISO.
Collier and Danielle Grant, another instructor at The Dancer’s Place, are currently working on choreography for the Plainfield Junior Miss contest.
Grant, an elementary education student at IUPUI, is no stranger to choreographing. Last year, she said she worked on the Central Elementary School musical and planned out several routines as a cheerleader at Plainfield High School.
Ammie Moline has been at The Dancer’s Place since she was 3 years old, first taking classes, and now as an instructor. She is also a manager at T.G.I.Friday’s in Avon.
- Local News
- Brownsburg gears up for farmers' market season The Town of Brownsburg and IU Health West Hospital are again partnering to bring fresh produce, artisan baked goods and handcrafted items to local shoppers at the Brownsburg Farmers' Market. The market will run from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, June throug
- Health officials urge STD prevention April is STD Awareness Month and state health officials encourage Hoosiers to understand how sexually-transmitted diseases (STDs) can damage overall health. STD Awareness Month provides an opportunity for individuals and groups to discuss prevention
- Casual Friday is getting a little too casual Central Indiana men, it's time somebody told you. You have taken the notion of Casual Friday to an unattractive extreme. We must go back a couple of weeks to a Friday night date at a white-tablecloth restaurant in Indianapolis, a really nice place th
- Shaoé Haircare systemdelivers lustrous hair Josef and Shaun Settle of Avon have released their new product system, Shaoé Haircare Secret Seven Complex. They say the product system pampers the hair with the world's best natural ingredients inspired by all seven corners of the world. The result
- Local group declares May 12 as Fibromyalgia Awareness Day The members and facilitators of the Hendricks Regional Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain & Fatigue Support Group have helped proclaim May 12 as Fibromyalgia Awareness Day in the State of Indiana. The group will be hosting a Fibromyalgia Awareness Day eve
- Situation room or dorm room? The oil-services company Halliburton is an old obsession of the anti-Bush left, and evidently of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul. The libertarian standard-bearer and almost-certain Republican presidential candidate suggested to audiences a few years ago that
- Avon Health & Rehab names social service director Avon Health & Rehabilitation Center, a TLC Management facility, has named Jeannine Humphries as social service director. In her new position, Humphries will oversee the everyday operations of the Social Service Department, ensuring each resident's di
- Danville Easter egg hunt turns 59 DANVILLE -- Children throughout the county hunted for Easter eggs over the weekend as hunts were held at family gatherings, churches, and elsewhere. One of the bigger hunts was at Ellis Park here. The park was packed on Saturday for the 59th annual E
- Brownsburg boutique to partner with bridal consultant Finer Things in Brownsburg is partnering with a new start-up as a complementary line to its unique offerings. Shoppers will now be able to find a bridal and special occasion dress at the Finer Things Boutique. "Our name, Finer Things, was originally
- Indy to welcome Addams Family The 2013-14 national tour of the new musical "The Addams Family," based on the bizarre and beloved family of characters created by legendary cartoonist Charles Addams, will make its Indianapolis premiere May 13-18 at Clowes Memorial Hall as part of t
- More Local News Headlines