The Indy Chamber encourages businesses of all sizes to use sustainable practices. Celebrating April as "Green Month," the Indy Chamber's Green Business initiative promotes the interest of those businesses that are committed to and engaged in environmentally-responsible operations and practices.
For the business community, the benefits of going green are clear. By engaging in green practices, businesses contribute to a healthy environment and economy, improve the health of workplaces and boost employee morale, strengthen bottom lines by operating more efficiently, and wasting less and often times have marketing edge over their competition.
Additionally, as sustainable living continues to trend across the country, people from all walks of life are seeing the benefits of working simple green practices into everyday living. The Indy Chamber's Green Business initiative encourages members to realize the benefits of going green through implementing sustainable business practices into their everyday routine and purchasing process.
To help jump-start sustainable business practices and save money, follow these tips:
- Save paper by setting your copier and printer defaults to double-sided.
- Buy copier paper with a minimum 30 percent post-consumer recycled content.
- Save energy - turn off lights when not in use and unplug electronics after hours.
- When you need to buy new office equipment or appliances, be sure to purchase Energy Star.
- Install faucet aerators and check leaks on a regular basis to help save water.
- Buy less toxic cleaners to improve indoor air quality.
For more information on the Indy Chamber Green Business initiative, visit the website www.indychamber.com.