The 2009 Hendricks County 4-H Fair Queen contest kicks off at 7:30 p.m. today in the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Complex in Danville.
Kristin Anderson of Brownsburg — Kristin is 16 and a student at Brownsburg High School. She is the daughter of Richard Anderson and Sherrin McDaniel. She is a member of the Bulldog Clover Club. Her 4-H projects are photography and vet science.
Meagan Barrows of Danville — Meagan is 18 and will attend Purdue University in the fall. She is the daughter of Allison and Brian Barrows. She is a member of the Happy Farmers. Her 4-H project is dairy.
Megan Cloncs of North Salem — Megan is 18 and will attend Ivy Tech. She is the daughter of Tracy Mitchell and Roger Cloncs. Cloncs is sponsored by HTS Therapy and Ron Taylor Excavating. She is a member of the Country Clovers. Her 4-H projects are cattle and swine.
Erin Cockrum of Avon — Erin is 18 and will attend DePauw University in the fall. She is the daughter of Patrick and Nancy Cockrum. She is a member of Avon Extremes. Her 4-H projects are beef, swine, and photography.
Aubrey Cook of Lizton — Aubrey is 17 and a senior at Tri-West High School. She is the daughter of Mike and Denise Cook. She is a member of Lucky H’s. Her 4-H project is sewing.
Hannah Crist of Brownsburg — Hannah is 17 and a student at Brownsburg High School. She is the daughter of Barry and Kim Crist. She is a member of the Bulldog Clovers. Her 4-H projects are photography, food preparation, basic crafts, and fine arts.
Nikki Cullison of Danville — Nikki is 19 and will attend Purdue University this fall. She is the daughter of Steve and Rhonda Cullison. She is a member of Happy Farmers. Her 4-H projects this year are photography, consumer clothing, and gift wrapping. Previous projects were swine, horse and pony, and dairy steer.
- Local News
- Brownsburg gears up for farmers' market season The Town of Brownsburg and IU Health West Hospital are again partnering to bring fresh produce, artisan baked goods and handcrafted items to local shoppers at the Brownsburg Farmers' Market. The market will run from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, June throug
- Health officials urge STD prevention April is STD Awareness Month and state health officials encourage Hoosiers to understand how sexually-transmitted diseases (STDs) can damage overall health. STD Awareness Month provides an opportunity for individuals and groups to discuss prevention
- Casual Friday is getting a little too casual Central Indiana men, it's time somebody told you. You have taken the notion of Casual Friday to an unattractive extreme. We must go back a couple of weeks to a Friday night date at a white-tablecloth restaurant in Indianapolis, a really nice place th
- Shaoé Haircare systemdelivers lustrous hair Josef and Shaun Settle of Avon have released their new product system, Shaoé Haircare Secret Seven Complex. They say the product system pampers the hair with the world's best natural ingredients inspired by all seven corners of the world. The result
- Local group declares May 12 as Fibromyalgia Awareness Day The members and facilitators of the Hendricks Regional Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain & Fatigue Support Group have helped proclaim May 12 as Fibromyalgia Awareness Day in the State of Indiana. The group will be hosting a Fibromyalgia Awareness Day eve
- Situation room or dorm room? The oil-services company Halliburton is an old obsession of the anti-Bush left, and evidently of Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul. The libertarian standard-bearer and almost-certain Republican presidential candidate suggested to audiences a few years ago that
- Avon Health & Rehab names social service director Avon Health & Rehabilitation Center, a TLC Management facility, has named Jeannine Humphries as social service director. In her new position, Humphries will oversee the everyday operations of the Social Service Department, ensuring each resident's di
- Danville Easter egg hunt turns 59 DANVILLE -- Children throughout the county hunted for Easter eggs over the weekend as hunts were held at family gatherings, churches, and elsewhere. One of the bigger hunts was at Ellis Park here. The park was packed on Saturday for the 59th annual E
- Brownsburg boutique to partner with bridal consultant Finer Things in Brownsburg is partnering with a new start-up as a complementary line to its unique offerings. Shoppers will now be able to find a bridal and special occasion dress at the Finer Things Boutique. "Our name, Finer Things, was originally
- Indy to welcome Addams Family The 2013-14 national tour of the new musical "The Addams Family," based on the bizarre and beloved family of characters created by legendary cartoonist Charles Addams, will make its Indianapolis premiere May 13-18 at Clowes Memorial Hall as part of t
- More Local News Headlines