The 2009 Hendricks County 4-H Fair Queen contest kicks off at 7:30 p.m. today in the Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds and Conference Complex in Danville.
Kristin Anderson of Brownsburg — Kristin is 16 and a student at Brownsburg High School. She is the daughter of Richard Anderson and Sherrin McDaniel. She is a member of the Bulldog Clover Club. Her 4-H projects are photography and vet science.
Meagan Barrows of Danville — Meagan is 18 and will attend Purdue University in the fall. She is the daughter of Allison and Brian Barrows. She is a member of the Happy Farmers. Her 4-H project is dairy.
Megan Cloncs of North Salem — Megan is 18 and will attend Ivy Tech. She is the daughter of Tracy Mitchell and Roger Cloncs. Cloncs is sponsored by HTS Therapy and Ron Taylor Excavating. She is a member of the Country Clovers. Her 4-H projects are cattle and swine.
Erin Cockrum of Avon — Erin is 18 and will attend DePauw University in the fall. She is the daughter of Patrick and Nancy Cockrum. She is a member of Avon Extremes. Her 4-H projects are beef, swine, and photography.
Aubrey Cook of Lizton — Aubrey is 17 and a senior at Tri-West High School. She is the daughter of Mike and Denise Cook. She is a member of Lucky H’s. Her 4-H project is sewing.
Hannah Crist of Brownsburg — Hannah is 17 and a student at Brownsburg High School. She is the daughter of Barry and Kim Crist. She is a member of the Bulldog Clovers. Her 4-H projects are photography, food preparation, basic crafts, and fine arts.
Nikki Cullison of Danville — Nikki is 19 and will attend Purdue University this fall. She is the daughter of Steve and Rhonda Cullison. She is a member of Happy Farmers. Her 4-H projects this year are photography, consumer clothing, and gift wrapping. Previous projects were swine, horse and pony, and dairy steer.
- Local News
- Golfing for a great cause CLAYTON — The Wings of Golf outing, which benefits the United Way of Hendricks County, is coming back for its 11th year later this month. The outing, which is presented by Visit Hendricks County, is Aug. 13 at Deer Creek Golf Club, 7143 S. S.R. 39, C
- Wine and Cheese Festival comes to Plainfield in September PLAINFIELD—Friends of the Plainfield Library will be hosting their annual ‘Twilight on Stafford Wine and Cheese Festival’ from 7 to 9 p.m. on Sept. 13 at the Plainfield Guilford Township Public Library. Once a year, the FOL brings in Chateau Thomas W
- The Piano Guys to appear in Indianapolis What do you get when you mix up a marketing genius that does video, a studio engineer that writes music, a pianist that had a successful solo career, and a cellist that does pretty much everything? The Piano Guys: a meeting of “guys” with the same in
- Shooting sports tourney brings in big winners DANVILLE — The second annual Hendricks County 4-H Shooting Sports tournament in archery, air rifle and air pistol took place during the Hendricks County 4-H Fair and the results were recently announced.There were more than120 participates sharing the
- Sheltering Wings offers Life Skills classes DANVILLE — Sheltering Wings has a Life Skills program that focuses on helping women and children develop and grow.Sheltering Wings is a shelter for women and their dependent children who have escaped from a domestic violence situation.The facility of
- Danville swears in two officers DANVILLE—Jeff Slayback and Daniel Birt were sworn in as part-time Danville Police Officers at the Hendricks County Courthouse Thursday. Slayback, originally from Franklin, just graduated from the University of Indianapolis and finished the academy th
- Gospel bluegrass concert to be at Plainfield Christian Church For the ninth consecutive year, the Plainfield Christian Church is sponsoring its annual free Bluegrass and Southern Gospel Music Concert on Aug. 3.This is a part of the Christian Outreach Ministry.“The main purpose of this concert is to get non-chur
- Area youth to perform 'Les Miserables' The Biz Academy of Musical Theatre will present a concert version of “Les Miserables” School Edition at 7 p.m. July 31, Aug.1 and Aug. 2 at Harmony Baptist Church in Avon.Victor Hugo’s “Les Miserables” is one of literature’s most compelling stories a
- BMV to begin offering tests in languages other than English |Don Snemis, commissioner of the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV), has announced that the BMV will for the first time begin offering automated Operator Knowledge Tests in foreign languages. “In response to numerous requests from businesses, uni
- Hamilton scolds Congress for national security failures |INDIANAPOLIS — Retired Congressman Lee Hamilton has warned of the perils of political ideology, calling the body where he spent 34 years “noxiously partisan.” Now, he worries the divide is downright dangerous. A co-chairman of the 9/11 Commission, H
- More Local News Headlines