The Hendricks County Flyer
Fri Jan 25, 2013, 03:03 PM EST
A ride with these systems must be scheduled days in advance to have the best opportunity to reserve a trip time that correlates with your desired schedule. The transportation typically has a half hour window to arrive - so, scheduling something as simple as a trip to the grocery store can be a half-day affair. The service can be expensive with costs mounting to thousands of dollars a year.
We hope as legislators consider their agenda for this session, they keep public transit as a top priority. The economic effects of public transit are very great, but so is the human impact.
Public Policy Advocate
Bosma Enterprises and National Industries for the Blind
To the Editor:
Draw your own conclusions.
1. Apologies to the world, particularly the Muslim world, for the United State's actions for the past few decades.
2. Intentional refusal to protect our foreign embassy locations in the most volatile areas of the Arab world.
3. When an Embassy is attacked, lies are given to us about why it happened and every cover-up is made in hopes the public will forget about it.
4. Refusing to call the actions to defeat terrorists a War on Terror.
5. Obvious that an intentional reduction of our military forces and armaments is taking place which will weaken the security of our nation.
6. Placing our economy in an unbelievably weak condition by spending money we don't have. Once again, leaving this nation in a very vulnerable position worldwide and especially to our enemies.
7. Raising tax levels on citizens who provide jobs through their investment in industry and business centuries. This will not only dry up jobs in this country but force these investors to relocate their interests in foreign countries.
8. Making this country a "Nanny State" to assure that people on federal assistance would vote to keep his regime in power.
9. Outright attacks on Christian institutions and their beliefs, while all along showing tolerance, if not favoritism, to the Muslim institutions.
10. Attacking the Constitution of the United States with executive powers, most recently the 2nd Amendment. This, coupled with the reduction in our military capabilities and the items mentioned above, gives the terrorists every opportunity to do what we once thought impossible - the fall of this once-great country.
July 12, 2014
July 10, 2014
July 7, 2014
June 19, 2014
June 11, 2014
June 7, 2014
An NPR broadcast examines the question of how communities can better prepare for tornadoes like the one that struck Moore, Okla. on Monday. The broadcast features commentary from Michael Fitzgerald, who reported a five-part disaster series for the CNHI News Service.
May 22, 2013
Part I: Are We Prepared? | Part II: Disaster Dollars Part III: Lessons Learned | Part IV: Warning Signs Part V: The Big One
The Spanx empire of stomach-flattening, thigh-slimming, jiggle-reducing foundation garments has expanded to include what the brand promises is the mother of all body-shaping miracles: Spanx jeans.
July 29, 2014
© 2014 Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. ·
CNHI Classified Advertising Network ·
CNHI News Service
Associated Press content © 2014. All rights reserved. AP content may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Our site is powered by Zope. Some parts of our site may require
you to download the Flash Player Plugin.
Terms and Conditions
Hendricks County Flyer, Avon, IN
8109 Kingston St., Suite 500