The Hendricks County Flyer
Fri Jun 14, 2013, 02:47 PM EDT
- Do not assume farmers see you at an intersection. Tractors, trucks and combines have blind spots and if pulling heavy equipment, stopping is difficult.
- Do pull over as far as is safely possible when approaching farm equipment.
- Do not pull over opposite mailboxes, utility poles, road signs and narrow bridges.
- Do not try to pass farm equipment on a double yellow line. Be patient. You will get there eventually.
- Do be patient and understanding.
Farmers and motorists can drive safely on all roadways. The farmer wants to be a good neighbor sharing the public roads which connect one farm to another. Let’s all be good neighbors and share the public roads with each other.
July 12, 2014
July 10, 2014
July 7, 2014
June 19, 2014
June 11, 2014
June 7, 2014
An NPR broadcast examines the question of how communities can better prepare for tornadoes like the one that struck Moore, Okla. on Monday. The broadcast features commentary from Michael Fitzgerald, who reported a five-part disaster series for the CNHI News Service.
May 22, 2013
Part I: Are We Prepared? | Part II: Disaster Dollars Part III: Lessons Learned | Part IV: Warning Signs Part V: The Big One
Daniel Snyder has come under fire for refusing to change the mascot of his NFL team, the Washington Redskins. The Redskins, however, are far from being the only controversial mascot in sports history. Here is a sampling of athletic teams from all areas of the sports world that were outside the norm.
July 28, 2014
© 2014 Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. ·
CNHI Classified Advertising Network ·
CNHI News Service
Associated Press content © 2014. All rights reserved. AP content may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Our site is powered by Zope. Some parts of our site may require
you to download the Flash Player Plugin.
Terms and Conditions
Hendricks County Flyer, Avon, IN
8109 Kingston St., Suite 500